Size: 7000 Ft. (includes basement and guest suite)
Lot #: 35
Lot Size: 1.30 Acres
With only a few months until Homearama 2018, the team behind Sterling Homes’ Modern
Farmhouse is excited for the droves of people to descend on their newest home and their
fellow builder’s homes! This home promises to be one of those special properties that you’ll be
talking about long after you leave. You might have heard that before, but after we share with
you the inspiration, design and homes features, you’ll be ready to move to Heritage at Highland
Now, if you haven’t heard about the show this year, Homearama is July 7-22nd at Heritage at Highland Hills in Mason, Ohio. It’s on the north portion of Columbia Rd before Route 42 in a
community that’s nearing completion as a development! That means very little construction
This years show features 10 homes by 6 different builders each priced over $1M. Our favorite
(no bias, of course) is Sterling Homes’ Modern Farm Home. The Dream Team of Sterling Homes,
Mary Cassanelli Architect, Design’s on Madison and Build Cincinnati have come together to
design a home that’s exquisite in every way. Here’s just a few things that you should start to get
1. Exterior Design: A powerful and well-crafted exterior is all about the details! The
designers of this home focused on each element to create a modern farmhouse that
rivals the best on Houzz! With timber posts, white board & batton, slate stone as the
accent features and a metal roof, this timeless design will be a quick favorite! 2. Letting the Indoors In! Imagine walking into your expansive living area with the ability
to let the outside elements in! With a wall of windows and doors that stretch over 40’ ft
along the back of the house. If you’re into entertaining, this is the space for you. On a
beautiful Summer Day, open the doors and let the fresh air and fun inside! Or invite 30
of your favorite friends for a grill out and fire out in the back!
3. Guest Suite: Whether you love your in-laws or can’t escape them, you can become the
son or daughter of the year by offering your Guest Suite. This separate suite with it’s
own entrance is perfect for the sporadic guest or the long term family members! And
don’t worry, they’ll have their own kitchenette and full bathroom for plenty of privacy! 4. The Little Big Touches: One of our favorite parts of the homes are the accent elements!
The rustic beams that span the great room allow the warmth to sneak in, while the
interior brick along the back walls creates a vintage farm house feel. The combination
of elements creates a cozy, inviting element for the entire family. 5. Incredible Foyer: Welcome your friends in with towering 20’ foyer ceilings. The
impactful entry combined with the gorgeous craftsman, wood doors will be sure to
impress your closets friends and family!
Sound like a home you could move in to? We thought so!
As usual, Homearama will be full of incredible, sometimes over the top, design trends and
features that make for an excellent show. However, if you’re ready for some soft and warm
elegance with a timeless design and longevity, this Sterling Home will hits the bullseye. Come by and See us at the Show!
Condos in Cincinnati come in all shapes and sizes. There are urban downtown units in OTR,
Kentucky offers floor plans with views of the Cincinnati skyline, and then there are incredible high-rise options in
Walnut Hills with a little bit of both! Unfortunately, these can be hard to find! Luckily for you, we have an exquisite condo that has checked multiple criteria boxes for a number of buyers. 1201 Edgecliff Place, Unit 1043 in Walnut Hills, is seconds from Eden Park and minutes to downtown.
Just why is this condo so special? It doesn’t take much selling, but here’s a few of our favorite
1. Incredible Sweeping Views of Downtown Cincinnati and the River: Although it might only be on the 4th floor, we challenge you to find a better, unobstructed view! You’ll have soaring sights from each room and the three balconies that have views of downtown, up the river and the vistas of Northern Kentucky. While you’re not enjoying the view, take a stroll over to Eden Park, Mt. Adams or a bike ride Downtown to Smale Park! The connectivity is truly unparalleled
2. Completely Remodeled: Every inch in this condo has been elegantly crafted and renovated so a buyer can move right in without a worry in the world. Each thought out detail can be appreciated within just minutes of entering the condo. We can assure you that there are few homes in Cincinnati that can rival the workmanship in Unit 1043!
3. Fully Automated, Smart Home: Let’s face it, technology makes life easy. And, in 1043, life is as easy as it gets. With a button to control the blinds and another for the lights, there’s no need to over exhaust yourself by getting up off the couch! Let your Ipad control your life…but don’t let it distract you from the blissful views and elegant environment!
4. Walkability Galore: Whether you’re a dog lover or just an avid walker/runner, Edgecliff has what you need. With sidewalks that can get you everywhere from Eden Park to Mt. Adams to Downtown, there’s more than enough miles of sidewalks to wear you out. On a rainy day, you can use one of the 3 treadmills down in the gym! Did we mention thatt he Flying Pig and other running events run right by the building?!?
5. Building Amenities that Rival the best Manhattan Condos! Few buildings can rival the condos at Edgecliff Place. Built less than 30 years ago, this fairly new building has every amenity that you can think of. With a full time concierge, gym, Max Welton entertaining house, green space, lobby and maintenance manager, you’ll have no need unfulfilled. They’ll even change your lightbulbs!!
We could keep going on and on about how great this home is, but I think it’s time you come on
through. Click here to see more details on the property and to fall in love…
Do you know the benefits of owning a home VS renting?
Are you tired of increased rent each year, neighbors who come and go, places that
don’t accept your pets and everything else that comes along with renting? We know owning a home sometimes seems like a scary thought, but owning a home is not only a smart investment but it also has several advantages that you may not have thought of:
1. Build Equity – Unlike renters, homeowners build equity over time. On most mortgages, a portion of each monthly payment goes toward the loan’s interest. The remainder pays down its principal. Every dollar you put toward your loan’s principal represents a dollar of equity – actual ownership of the property. Usually once you reach 20% equity, you can tap that equity through a home equity loan or to secure a lower interest rate.
2. Deduct Mortgage Interest – You can deduct your property taxes and the interest paid on your mortgage, reducing your overall income tax burden (often substantially).
3. Sense of Belonging to a Community – Since homeowners tend to stay in their homes for longer than renters, they’re more likely to put down roots in their communities. You might join a local neighborhood association, sponsor block parties, volunteer at a nearby community center, or join with a business outing.
4. A Place to Call your Own – As a homeowner, your decorating and home improvement choices answer to no one. You can paint walls, add new bathroom fixtures, update your kitchen, finish your basement, or build a patio or deck to your heart’s content. Making your home to suit your personality is a fun, and even cathartic aspect of homeownership.
…and so much more!
If these all sound like things you are ready to take advantage of, it is the right time for you to start your search to find your home! At Build Cincinnati, we have years of experience working with first time home buyers and will hold your hand through every step of the home buying process. Reach out to us today so we can get started at 513.686.7676!
Over the past few years, one of the most requested property types we’ve been asked for is Indian Hill homesites near Kenwood. It probably does not come as a surprise that Indian Hill is so attractive given the low tax rate, large lots and highly rated school district.
However, what we have found interesting is that people are requesting to live on the edge of Indian Hill. Don’t get us wrong, the Village is popular as well, but there’s been a market shift of Buyer’s wanting to live on the portions of Indian Hill that are closest to Montgomery, Kenwood and Madeira.
So, let’s take an example: Our Build Cincinnati Team just listed a property at 8120 Blome Rd, right off Kugler Mill. If you’re familiar with the old Marge Schott Estate, this is right up the street. This lot is a perfect example of the majesty that Indian Hill Estates offer. And it’s less than a 5 minute drive to Kenwood Mall. We use this property as an example for two reasons:
To show why people are attracted to build in Indian Hill
To share with you why this lot is so great (Maybe it’s a small sales pitch!)
When it comes to Indian Hill homes & lots, there is a distinct draw that few other communities can compete with. Here are just a few reasons that buyers are drawn here:
LOW Tax Rate – A ridiculous 1.4% compared to neighboring rates of 2.3+%
Large Wooded and Rolling Homesites – Few communities in the state have 1+ acreage zoning districts limiting the density and amount of homes.
Trash & Recycling – They literally pick up your trash and recycling from INSIDE your garage.
Comps for Days!! With dozens upon dozens of $1,000,000+ homes, you’re in good company as far as protecting value!
We could keep going here, but I think we’ve made our point. If you’re not ready for turkey vultures, horse trails and a little elbow room, we understand. Indian Hill isn’t for everyone. BUT, if this little slice of country living sounds appealing, we have quite a few options with slightly different appeals:
What an exciting year for new construction in the Mason area! The Cincinnati MLS shows over 80 new homes sold in the Mason area in 2017- from lifestyle homes selling in the high $300,000s to high end luxury homes selling over $1,700,000. New rooftops have gone up in all areas of Mason with these being some of the hottest 2017 communities:
Roberts Park/ Hudson Hills
Preserve at Crooked Tree
The price range may vary in the above communities but one thing they all have in common are amenities for the homeowners to enjoy. Community pools, water features and walking paths are the most popular in these 2017 communities.
With the housing inventory low this year, many buyers opted to buy or design a new home and finally move into their dream home. They may have selected a builders plan or designed their new home with the builder and architect. Then they were able to customize their home from brick color down to paint colors and type of flooring.
Mason is in high demand and there are great opportunities for home buyers wanting the Mason lifestyle and Mason Schools to buy a new home. There are a couple new communities planned to open in Mason in 2018 and we are excited to work with new construction buyers in 2018.
We are pleased to represent builders in three of the most sought after new home communities in Mason:
Vintage Oaks featuring custom homes by Shonave Homes
Long Cove featuring custom homes by Classic Living Homes
Kensington featuring custom homes by Walker Builders & Classic Living Homes (opening Spring)
Call Mike Hines at 513.260.0424 or Jan Gerding at 513.608.3770, Coldwell Banker West Shell, for information on building in any of these developments in 2018!